[thechat] Re: High End Filters for Digital Cameras -- Found

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Oct 8 15:48:00 CDT 2002

Hi Javier!

The Sony's are pretty nice!  (I was very tempted by that DSC-F707!)

Yeah - I hear that some of the adaptors can 'get in the way' of some
of the sensors.  Something to be careful about!

How is the 'red eye' on your Sony?  I don't really want to fork out
the cash for a Nikon Speedlight just so I can get the flash off the
darn camera.

Anyone have any practical experience for getting around that?
Maybe 'jury-rigging' a bounce to the camera mounted flash to
trigger a slave unit on your old flash? Built some kind of
'Frankenstein' cable to trigger an external hot shoe?

Curious,

RonL.