[thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Tue Oct 8 17:17:00 CDT 2002

From: "William Anderson"
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: October 09, 2002, Wednesday 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: [thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

> > > other attacks such as the 1993 WTC bombing, bombings of US military
> > > ships, US embassies, et cetera were the slaps on the face.  The
> > > attacks on the WTC and Pentago last year were three punches hard in
> > > the gut.
> >
> > I don't know in which sense you wrote it but it was ironically funny.
>
> Since I didn't write it to be ironical, perhaps you could explain why you
> found it so?

WTC events are not something to be funny. But the way you described the attacks
seemed to have a bit of amusement for the reader. I said it ironical because a
funny aspect emerged right from the description of destruction. Look at your
words "three punches hard in the gut". Such metaphor is not very often that's
why it can be taken in multiple aspects.
Well! Such lines often slip out. It's life!

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/