[thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Tue Oct 8 18:54:01 CDT 2002

Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
  Look at your
> words "three punches hard in the gut". Such metaphor is not very often that's
> why it can be taken in multiple aspects.

Perhaps it is a language issue, but I still don't get the humor. Is it
perhaps the idiom of "gut" rather than "stomach" that makes it humorous?
  As a middle american, the language seems descriptive rather than
humorous, but I have seen some phrases from the Deep South or West ( of
the US) that strike me as funny when that wasn't the intent.

--
Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com