Red-Eye - wuz - RE: [thechat] Re: High End Filters for Digital Cameras -- Found

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Oct 9 14:07:01 CDT 2002

Hi Javier, (and Seb!)

I haven't tried the diffuser yet.  (I'm sure I'll get an opportunity
to give it a whirl in the next week.) I'll let you know how I make
out with it.  I'll try different items and numbers of layers to see
what I like best.

I was thinking more along the lines of using the tin foil to
bounce the flash up to trigger a slave unit on an external flash.
(I'll give it a try eventually.)

Also - I take a good deal of outdoor 'flower' pictures too! - the
flash can be a big help outside ... try some fill flash with a
narrow depth of field to get rid of the background on a single
flower shot, or (with an external flash on a cable) - reach around
and add some low angle backlight to cactus needles or flower stalks
... it's a nice effect.

RonL.