Red-Eye - wuz - RE: [thechat] Re: High End Filters for Digital Cameras -- Found

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Wed Oct 9 14:49:01 CDT 2002

"Luther, Ron" wrote:

> I was thinking more along the lines of using the tin foil to
> bounce the flash up to trigger a slave unit on an external flash.
> (I'll give it a try eventually.)

you can callit the mantruc bouncing unit :D

> Also - I take a good deal of outdoor 'flower' pictures too! - the
> flash can be a big help outside ... try some fill flash with a
> narrow depth of field to get rid of the background on a single
> flower shot, or (with an external flash on a cable) - reach around
> and add some low angle backlight to cactus needles or flower stalks
> .... it's a nice effect.

sounds fun, do you have some examples handy? (i can get attachments
offlist)

the only close-up picture i've taken with a flash was one of those
'fortunate accidents', i was shooting an aloe full of morning-haze water
drops, and unintentionally activated the flash. i was so close that the
flash came in frome on side, giving more volume to the water drops.

i thinking of submitting that picture to megapixel.net close-up gallery