Red-Eye - wuz - RE: [thechat] Re: High End Filters for Digital Cameras -- Found

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Wed Oct 9 15:56:01 CDT 2002

"Luther, Ron" wrote:

> Hi Javier!

hi ron :)

> Ha! Okay. And I promise not to name my diffuser test after you!

i meant the deflector, not the diffuser...

> {I'm not sure you'd want that name ... I was thinking about
> shooting a few test shots into a bathroom mirror tonight at my
> own eyes with 1, 2, or 3 thicknesses of toilet paper over the
> flash to see what might work best!}  ;-)

i could work, hehe

> Anyway, here's that portion of the backlit cactus I was using
> to fool with effects ... the flash really gives a fine edge to
> those smaller needles:
>
> http://members.evolt.org/ronl/Scans/cactus.jpg

what! you have the red-spined ferocactus i've always wanted <droll> i've
only seen it on books

the image is nice indeed, i'm amazed by how soft the light looks (not
the typical hard shadow edges of a flashlit subject)

....once i start my new life, i'll have to pack myself with a more
thorough gear...