[thechat] Internet Rates

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Oct 14 09:42:00 CDT 2002

Kevin Stevens wrote:
> > I also use Freeserve's and BT Click's no-subscription-fee 0845
> > services while on the road with the laptop, although I usually just
> > dial back into the house and get a nice protected connection, with
> > a private IP address behind my firewall.
>
> Just out of interest, how do you manage this?

How do I manage what, a dialin service?  it's just a dialin server sitting
on my LAN connected to my second line, which also has my ADSL connection on
it.  Nothing fancy, but it saves me having to piss about with any windows
based firewall stuff or whatever - i'm totally not exposed on the public
internet because I'm nicely parked on my LAN :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'