[thechat] Internet Rates

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Oct 14 13:44:01 CDT 2002

Norman Beresford wrote:
> Hi Kevin
>
> As I understand it he's not connecting to his home network via an ISP.
> Instead he's dialling into a modem which is sitting in a box which is
> already inside his own network, and then creating a connection via
> that.  In effect he's acting as his own ISP.  If you have a look at
> RAS under NT you can set this up quite easily.

Spot on, Norman.  Although because I have a static IP address on my ADSL
connection, I can ssh into my network if need be if I don't have the laptop
with me, but have some form of network connection and access to an ssh
client, or a web browser :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'