AW: [thechat] operating system advice

Eike Pierstorff eike.pierstorff at dynamique.de
Tue Oct 15 02:19:00 CDT 2002

> Betreff: [thechat] operating system advice
> The question is, which XP? First off, I'm not sure whether to get the
> update or the full version -- I shudder at the thought of having ME stuff
> left on the system because of an upgrade,

You won't. An upgrade is more or less a full version, it just checks for a
prior version - you'll have to put you ME CD in your CD Drive. Win XP uses
NT File System, so probably it will wipe your Hard Disk anyway.

> but the price difference between
> the upgrade and full is reasonably significant. And then there's
> the "Home"
> vs. "Professional" question. The machine will eventually be networked, and

XP Home cannot enter a Windows Domain (or so I've been told when I bought
XP), so I guess you'll need XP Pro.

--eike