[thechat] Internet Rates

Martin Paul Burns martin.p.burns at uk.ibm.com
Tue Oct 15 03:42:01 CDT 2002

>Kevin Stevens wrote:
> [snip]
>> Ah, very cunning :) OK I have had a quick look at http://www.ssh.com
>> and it all looks a bit technical and scary, as most things do when
>> you read the manual before trying something out. How easy is this to
>> set up and use, bearing in mind I only have a little network
>> experience.

>nah, it's pretty straightforward to install openssh on a *nix box, even to
>compile it up from source - have a read at http://www.openssh.org/ and try
>installing and playing with it - it's the way I and others learned how to
do
>stuff like this.

Maybe not much use for you, Kev, but might be helpful for some:

OSX comes with SSH built in (both client and server) and a nice point and
drool interface to switch off incoming Telnet and only use SSH (A Good
Thing).

As far as SSH clients go, I'm using TeraTerm on Win2k rn - there's an SSH
plugin for it.

Cheers
Martin