[thechat] operating system advice

noah noah at tookish.net
Wed Oct 16 00:52:01 CDT 2002

At 01:21 AM 15/10/2002, Ken Kogler wrote:
>There is no equivalent to PWS/IIS for XP home. Some people have managed
>to get IIS running on XP home by some sort of Frankenstein-esque process
>involving Win2K Server discs, but YMMV on that one...

Thanks -- I generally work with Apache/PHP/Perl/MySQL, but I do
occasionally do some ASP, so this is good to know.

At 01:36 AM 15/10/2002, isaac wrote:
>I use Win2k and dual monitors using a single card on a custom-built desktop
>machine.

Further research revealed that the Inspiron NVDIA chipset supports dual
monitors, the ATI chipset does not -- unfortunately I have the ATI.

Thanks everyone -- I haven't made a decision yet, but I'm a whole lot
better informed than I was yesterday.

Cheers,
Noah