[thechat] Fried Twinkies.

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 11:01:01 CDT 2002

I wanted to weigh in on this thread before it died.
We went to Disneyland a couple of years ago when the
camcorder was new and shot a lot of video. Back at
home watching it I thought "Who's that fat guy with
my wife and children?" Not really fat anywhere but the
waistline. I'd been reading up on the Zone and Atkins
and such so I found a protein powder I could gag down
and started having a couple of glasses of that a day,
I think it's about 23g of protein per serving. I did
nothing else. No other deliberate change to diet, no
exercise, nada. I lost 20lbs in about 2 months and
got back into my 34" waist trousers. I wore 36"ers to
Disneyland. I did cut down on the junk food
consumption, not consciously, but as Martin mentioned,
I just wasn't so hungry as before.

My big problem is budget. You can get carbs pretty
dang
cheap, but protein is expensive. Well, beans are a
good
source of protein and fairly cheap, but I have a
92mile
drive home and if I have beans too often, well, it
gets
kind of rank in the car. :)

Any cheap protein sources that don't cause flatulence?
Oh, and I have GERD which prevents me eating lots of
things that I should and want to.

Remember, for every crappy tasting thing that's good
for you there's something else that's just as healthy
and tastes at least ok.

Terry