[thechat] Fried Twinkies.

Plunkett, Matt MPlunkett at MSA.com
Thu Oct 17 08:30:01 CDT 2002

Heheh, you said what I was going to say!  I wonder if we're "really"
chordates any more. :P

-----Original Message-----
From: deke [mailto:web at master.gen.in.us]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 8:37 PM
To: thechat at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thechat] Fried Twinkies.

On 16 Oct 2002 at 11:02, David Wagner posted a message which said:

> Humans aren't exactly primates anymore, either.

Unguiculate, claviculate, placental mammals, with orbits encircled by
bone; three kinds of teeth, at least at one time of life; brain always
with
a posterior lobe and calcarine fissure; the innermost digit of at least

one pair of extremities opposable; hallux with a flat nail or none; a
well developed caecum; penis pendulous; testes scrotal; always two
pectoral mammae.

In what way are humans *not* exactly primates?

deke