[thechat] Just what the world needs...

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 16:11:01 CDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Bob Davis wrote:

> >typing out words on a keyboard is quaint, and has its place
>
> Actually, filling your pen with ink and sitting down to some nice
> bond paper and applying the gold nib to it, letting the ink flow out
> forming the words is quaint.

And also rather wonderful (especially if you have a Mont Blanc pen), if it
weren't for the facts that
a) My handwriting sucks (but then again, I don't handwrite anything longer
than my signature these days)
b) It takes forever to send dead tree mail
c) It would cost the earth (and take forever) to send hand-crafted copies
to every one of the 172 members of thechat.

Cheers
Martin