[thechat] ADA lawsuit struck down

Martin Paul Burns martin.burns at uk.ibm.com
Wed Oct 23 11:05:00 CDT 2002

I don't think the fact that one's government (is it? I'm not sure) makes a
difference - the SW air one was on the basis of the ADA only applying to
real, physical spaces (which has already been countered btw although I
don't have it to hand here).

Kind regards
Martin Burns

___
Martin Burns
IBM Business Consulting Services
Tel: +44 0774 063 9985

                      Chris Evans
                      <chris at fuseware.co        To:       thechat at lists.evolt.org
                      m>                        cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: [thechat] ADA lawsuit struck down
                      thechat-admin at list
                      s.evolt.org

                      23/10/2002 16:45
                      Please respond to
                      thechat

Martin Paul Burns wrote:
> 1) In the US judicial system, precedent works in a daft fashion

IANAL, but it sounds like both judges are on the same level, but in
different districts.  I think this means we have two opposing precedents
in different districts, which will probably take a Supreme Court ruling
to work out.

Also, though, it sounds like one case deals with a government entity
(MARTA) and one is commercial (SWAir). I think government agencies
probably have a different standard.

--
Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com