[thechat] Say Hello to Sanjeep, Er, Sam

Kath Kath at cyber-kat.com
Sat Oct 26 10:32:01 CDT 2002

At 10:21 AM 10/25/2002 +0100, Martin wrote:
>So although the systems are
>pretty quick (and must be to handle real time conversations), add the
>international delay onto the small delay in the dialer working out that
>it's a person answering the phone, allocating the call to an agent, popping
>the screen up to that agent and the agent starting the script, and you've
>got quite a lengthy pause...

Just long enough for me to figure out that it's a telemarketing call and
hang up.  I love those pauses!

Around here in North Jersey (USA - not UK <g>), they are setting up a
reverse 911.  In an emergency, an automated call will go out to alert those
in the affected area of the situation.  I told them that they had better
not have the pause, or say "Emergency Alert" in the first seconds, or many
- like me - will hang up before they hear the message.

Kath ...
Me --> www.cyber-kat.com
work --> www.winebow.com