[thechat] the driest spot in the world

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Thu Oct 31 00:28:01 CST 2002

From: "javier velasco"
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: October 30, 2002, Wednesday 6:24 PM
Subject: [thechat] the driest spot in the world

> since i was a kid, i was told that the desert of Atacama, high in the
> north of Chile, was the driest desert in the world.

I remember a book saying that the Sahara desert in Africa is the driest place in
the world. It was just that book. I never tried to confirm it, therefore, don't
know the real facts.

> i get
> very curious whenever i see foreign reports of my own country, i imagine
> the same thing happens to most of you

I think this feeling is quite natural. People always want to know what others
think about them or their belongings (like home, country). Consider Americans
asking, "Why people hate us that much?" (I don't know exact wordings. I read it
in an Urdu newspaper).

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/