[thechat] English Language Terms

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Nov 4 07:27:00 CST 2002

Hi Paul,

Pretty cool.

Yup - lots' of old stories get Bowdlerized over time
as social mores change.

It's one of the sometimes surprising things you run
across in old books - even in old children's books.

For me, the fun part is when you get over the initial
shock and come to an understanding of the section
within it's cultural (and temporal) context.

Neat!

RonL.
(Old book and old children's book collector)