[thechat] US Elections

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Nov 6 17:01:01 CST 2002

Erika Meyer wrote:
> Bush vs. Hitler
>
> I first saw a Bush/Hitler similarity with Bush I's call for a "New
> World Order."  Maybe it was that all that Doctor Demento Show I used
> to listen to and this song echoing thru my head:
>
> "We bring the world new order,
> Heil Hitler's world new order.
> Everyone of foreign race,
> Will love the Führer's face,
> When we bring to the world dis-order"
>
> (Spike Jones "Der Fueher's Face"
> Release: January 1, 1943)
>
> I still can't figure out why Bush Sr. would come up with a phrase
> that close to a Hitler-ism.

He's not the first US President to use the Hitlerian phrase "New World
Order" - Ronald Reagan brought the expression into vogue during his terms of
office, referring to international economic unity and US imposed military
hegemony.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like