[thechat] Cool notes utility

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Nov 7 01:23:00 CST 2002

Hi guys.

Wasn't sure of the suitability of this for thelist, so I'm posting it here.

I've been looking for a long time for some tool that would let me quickly
jot something down without worrying about saving files etc. I found this
excellent tool called HandyNotes that lets me do just that. It's free and
open source too.

You can download it from http://www.handynotes.net (it's just 540K)

What I like most is that I can configure the "close" icon to minimise the
program instead, so instead of annoyingly quitting, it just retreats into
the taskbar. Pretty cool. It also allows multiple notes, searching through
notes, and encryption for individual notes. Lastly, you can synchronise it
with their web site, so you can take your notes while on the move.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy