Defining the Parties (was [thechat] US Elections)

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Nov 7 19:42:01 CST 2002

I'm assuming this was not 100% joke ... sorry if it was ....

At 7:04 PM -0500 11/7/02, rudy wrote:
>republican = conservative = what you own belongs to you

Falling somewhere in the middle class, this year I'm looking at
paying 40-50% of my income to the government in some manner or
another.

A single wealthy individual, because of the Republican tax cut of
2001, might pay several million less in taxes ... if the tax package
would have been designed originally to actually benefit the average
American, me and thousands of my friends might have been able to keep
maybe $10,000 more of our dollars (to eventually be spent and
eventually filter up to those who own everything) ... and that one
wealthy individual might have made a measly $540,000,000 instead of
$560,000,000. I would not have shed a single tear for that poor
sorrowful rich white guy.

>republicans/conservatives want to give their money away as they see fit

They may feel free to and I will lodge no complaint. Nobody in this
country (continent? World?) has ever seriously proposed putting a
limit on how much money people can give away as they see fit.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/