[thechat] US Elections

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Nov 8 12:16:12 CST 2002

>At 09:26 AM 08-11-02, Hugh Blair wrote:
>>Heck, even I don't like the politics
>>that almost had Berkely outlawing any coffee not grown in
>>the proper politically-correct method.
>
>Eh? This sounds intriguing. Do elaborate.
>
>Madhu

I'm guessing it's a huge exaggeration.

Choosing shade-grown organic coffee and/or coffee from collectives is
about trying *not* to encourage the enslavement Central American
farmers and trying *not* to encourage farmers to clear-cut rain
forests and douse the remains with poison.

I've never heard of anyone trying to make any laws about it, but if
they did in Berkeley, more power to them.   Bad-ass Berkeley,
California: you go!

Sustainable agriculture...  crazy concept, huh.
damn what will those California hippies think up next?

Erika