[thechat] Audio Ripping from LPs Question

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 04:53:01 CST 2002

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Seb wrote:

> At 01:56 09/11/2002, you wrote:
> > > Any recommendations on the 'best', 'easiest', or 'cheapest' way
> > > for me to rip my vinyl collection and make some drive-time mix CDs?
>
> However, you would normally follow a 12 step program similar to this:

Alternative if you have a real CD Recorder in your hi-fi stack:

Connect your turntable as per normal to your pre-amp
Connect the audio outs to your CDR (as per normal)
Kick off the record playing
Press record on the CDR

You now have a CD which you can rip as any other.

The fun bit by the way with all these methods will be in marking the track
boundaries...

Cheers
Martin