[thechat] Favourite movie lines, was: What does it mean? (Was: Re: [thechat] Bowling tips)

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 06:04:00 CST 2002

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 Ashok wrote:

> Of course, nothing beats my all time favourite line from Full Metal Jacket
> which goes something like :
>
> "I am giving you exactly 3 f*king seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin
> off
> your face, or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull f*k you!"

A couple of lines from a couple of films, all pretty guessable:
* You two are just dumber than a bag o' hammers
* Say, uh, Cousin Wash, I suppose it'd be the acme of foolishness
  to inquire if you had a hair net.
* She turned me into a newt... ...... (*very* long pause) I got better
* I'd be the worst possible Godfather. I'd probably drop her on her head
  at her christening. I'd forget all her birthdays until she was 18. Then
  I'd take her out and get her drunk. And, let's face it, quite possibly
  try and sleep with her.
* What's your name, dude?
  Uh, Mar-, uh... Eastwood. Clint Eastwood.
  What kind of stupid name is that?
* There's a difference between us. You think the people of this land exist
  to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide
  those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.
* All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine,
  public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public
  health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Cheers
Martin