[thechat] Harry Potter movie

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 02:43:01 CST 2002

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Norman Beresford wrote:

> Hi Madhu
>
> >Apparently, there are seven Potter movies planned. Do they plan to freeze
> >Daniel Radcliffe between movies? ;)
>
> Each film is based on a book, and each book covers a year of Harry's school
> like.  They've churned out the first two films at the rate of one a year, so
> the natural ageing of the characters actors fits in perfectly.
>
> But of course life doesn't like to be perfect, so they actor playing a major
> role in the first four books has just died, and (and to some a lot more
> importantly) the author has yet to (and by many acounts probably never will)
> finish the fifth book,

It's with the editors, Norman. She had a year and a bit off after book 4
with all the movie stuff going on, but that's not the same as just
stopping.

All the previous books have been released on the 1st day of the school
summer holidays - I doubt they'll hold this one back until then.

> let alone the sixth and seventh.

All 7 were written in outline long before any were written in detail.

Cheers
Martin