[thechat] Who will be the next James Bond

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Sat Nov 23 16:46:01 CST 2002

Martin Burns wrote:
>>>Out of all of them, I'd say Clive Owen - and definitely not Robbie Williams
>>>... how the hell am I supposed to relate to a Bond who's being played by
>>>someone only a month and a half older than me ...
>>
>>Yeah, Clive was my pick too.
>

> Too old. Clive could have done it 10 years ago, but not now. You can't
> start being Bond in your 40s.

I'd say that Clive would be fantastic.  Not a long run, mind you, but a
good solid 2 or 3 films.  But then again, I think that Sean Connery
would still make a great Bond at his present age.

My second choice (or possibly my first, its tough) would be Rupert.  Has
anyone seen Cemetery Man?  A really screwed up film, but Rupert was
fantastic in it.

I might also throw in a nod to Dougray Scott.  I thought he did an
excellent job in Mission Impossible 2.  He might be a bit dark though,
as his isn't much of a pretty boy.

Judah