[thechat] Who will be the next James Bond

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Sun Nov 24 14:06:00 CST 2002

Madhu wrote:

> Yeah, Clive was my pick too. Colin Wells isn't bad, and I somehow think
> that Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman could be moulded into the role, despite
> Lazenby. ;)

+1 for Clive Owen. He's the only one on this list -- and for that matter,
the only actor that comes to mind -- who I think could fill the role. He'd
bring *so* much character to it. Now I have to figure out how to take some
direct action: a write-in campaign? Petitions? Sit-ins?

> Although the fact that Hugh fucking Grant is on that list scares the shit
> outta me.

Ditto, and Colin Firth, too. That man can't even do a five-o'clock shadow.
If you're going to try that route, we might as well wait a few years for
Haley Joel Osment's voice to change.

> And Rupert Everett? An openly gay Bond? Ahem.

Oh, c'mon. He's still a heartbreaker, no matter the gender of the hearts. I
think it's a great idea.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net