[thechat] US Navy full of pirates

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Nov 25 17:41:01 CST 2002

Tara Cleveland wrote:

> Although reading it just isn't the same as
> hearing Arlo say, sing, rant, yell it.

I saw Arlo at the Fillmore 'way back when ('68, I think) -- and he
closed with Alice's Restaurant, which lasted nearly an hour with all
the additional ad-libbed verses and spoken passages.

When we went outside we found that a classic heavy San Francisco fog
had rolled in, and the audience disappeared into the mist with almost
everyone softly singing the chorus as they receded into the night...

Otherworldly.
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.