[thechat] ZoneAlarm

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Wed Nov 27 07:22:00 CST 2002

I just set Zonealarm up on the server machine on my local (Win2k)
network. With the default settings I couldn't connecto to the outside
form the current computer i'm on, so I turned the firewall off for
trusted zones and put the network into the trusted zone, then I told it
to let all applications access the outside. It let traffic from the
local network through to itself, but then it interpreted the requests
for outside machines as comning from itself, and for some reason blocked
them.

Is there some way to give all access rights to network machines while
still keeping high protection up for external machines?

Thanks
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/