[thechat] The youth today...

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Tue Dec 3 00:45:01 CST 2002

> They never used to use a cane, instead they had
> something called a "flat". A "flat" looked
> something like a small cricket bat (dont know
> if america has seen one?!).

Oh yes. We called it "The Paddle". My fourth grade teacher and I were
very well acquainted with that wooden monstrosity... :)

It had holes drilled into it so there'd be less air resistance as it's
rushing towards me, too. Devious little contraption, that.

Note that I'm not arguing either way pro/con regarding corporal
punishment -- I haven't every really given it much thought as kids are
still years down the road... Interesting debate though!

I love [thechat]. :)

--Ken