[thechat] Gee, that time again...

Lauri Vain lauri_lists at tharapita.com
Thu Dec 5 23:01:08 CST 2002

> Not our office. The official line is "We don't do staff
> Christmas parties because we're a multi-cultural organisation
> and not everyone celebrates Christmas"

Who need a staff Christmas party to pop open a bottle of mulled wine or
anything else >:D

A way bit out of the topic -- the Catholic Church "made" Christmas and
set it to the 25th of December to leave a pagan holiday (celebrated all
over Europe), which was very near to that date, into the shadow. Anybody
knows what that holiday was about -- just curious (the church apparently
made a good marketing decision).

Thanks,
Lauri