[thechat] Gee, that time again...

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Dec 6 13:38:00 CST 2002

>Ah, but not in the Southern Hemisphere. It's summer in Australia now. ;)
>
>Madhu

nah und?  Are you telling me Chirstmas is a natively Southern
festival?  I don't buy it.   (get it: 'buy' -- 'Christmas'  hahahaha!)

Any southerners celebrating Christmas, I claim (based mainly on
intuition and a few incomplete facts) I claim you 'borrowed' it from
the north.  And from Europe and/or the near/mid east, at that.  Prove
me wrong, I dare you...

I don't know how southerners celebrate Christmas, but to me, the idea
of erecting an evergreen tree and decorating it with lights at the
LONGEST part of the year is just twisted.  That's the time of year
you're supposed to dance about barefoot with flowers in your hair,
duh.

We all know how pushy (some) Christians are with their religion.  The
south probably got Christmas as part of the "Christian-Works" (or "MS
Christian") package.  And Microsoft --- I mean the Christians -- got
Christmas from an independent developer. I doubt the original
developers ever got the proper credit or compensation.

Erika