[thechat] Id

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Sat Dec 7 17:30:00 CST 2002

Tomorrow, the cows mooved Syed Zeeshan Haider to write:

> > Id mubarak and a pleasent ramadhan to all muslim subscribers of [thechat]
>
> Thank you Ashok!
>
> But I just want to make a correction. Muslims all over the world use the word
> "Eid" for the festival after Ramazan (also pronounced as Ramadan). Word "Id" is
> not very meaningful.

As with any transliteration, there are undoubtably many different ways to
spell it in the Roman alphabet.  Just ask an Asian to spell something from
Japanese, Korean, or one of the Chinese languages in the Roman alphabet...

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski \\ dangercat-20 at dangercat.net
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders  \\  www.dangercat.net/?id=mt

"University of Wisconsin statistics department...
        where mean is normal, and deviation standard."