[thechat] Arabic Culture Questions

Michele Wandrei michele at inthree.com
Wed Dec 11 22:11:18 CST 2002

Three replies in one --

Elfur wrote:
> with the help of google.com and the keywords "islamic culture"
the
> following appeared to be of some help.

Thank you!  Your search returned some sites that we missed.

Ken wrote:
>Dearborn area? I lived in Southgate from 1992 - 1999. :-)

We're about 45 min North of Dearborn in Rochester, near Pontiac.
I don't get to the southern parts of the area too often.

Erik wrote:
>Note that "Arabic" and "Islamic" are two different things: one
refers
>to a language and a geographic region, the other a religion.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I do realize that, but the teacher
was not very specific and my son and I found ourselves using both
terms this evening.  I don't really know if she wants information
on Arabic traditions or Islamic traditions.  Argh.

Thank you all VERY much for your help!
Michele Wandrei
inThree Design
www.inthree.com