[thechat] Yahoo groups problems

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Sat Dec 14 20:58:00 CST 2002

On 14 Dec 2002 at 19:24, Lachlan Cannon posted a message which said:

> I've also tried to contact Yahoo 3 times. Every time I've been sent a
> stock email telling me how to unsubscribe despite explaining that my
> trouble was that that was not working. Has anyone else had troubles like
> these? If so, how did you end up unsubscribing, or how do I actually
> manage to contact someone at Yahoo who isn't braindamaged?

Yahoo allows you to have multiple usernames for your identity. Set up a
second username on one of your domains, and validate it. Then, once you
have it validated, set it to bounce. Then you can specify the mail for
the groups you don't want should be delivered to the bounce address. It
won't run up your bandwidth; once the address starts bouncing, they
stop mailing to it.

dele

--
If I have seen farther than others, it is by stepping on the toes of
giants