[thechat] Spam

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Dec 16 05:20:00 CST 2002

At 04:40 PM 16-12-02, William Anderson wrote:
>insert spam filtering
>solution that cannot be named for fear of pissing off people!]

What was it... SpamAss? Or something similar!!!!!!

But you know William, this mail isn't about getting the best mortgage for
your house or a free credit card. It doesn't even bother with offering you
nude pictures of hot young nasty girls. This is not spam. In fact, if you
want to unsubscribe or remove yourself, there's no point in mailing me at
removeme at xxxgirls.net because you're not on any spam list. I know spammers
use several exclamation marks!!!!! But I'm not sending you spam. This is
just a friendly message and has nothing to do with inkjet and laser printer
cartridges.

Heck, I'm not even the son of a deceased Nigerian ruler.

So I'm sure your SpamAss won't flag this message as spam. Why should it?

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy