[thechat] article: President's Real Goal

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Mon Dec 16 13:09:00 CST 2002

Marlene sent this URL.
http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/opinion/0902/29bookman.html

The article makes several references to a report called
"Rebuilding America's Defenses"

which is linked from here:
http://www.newamericancentury.org/publicationsreports.htm

Interesting (if depressing) to see the whole recipe at a glance...

Hey Erika,

Thought you might find this enlightening. If you're still on thechat,
feel free to pass it along (if desired).

Cheers,
Marlene
-----
The President's Real Goal in Iraq - By Jay Bookman

Bookman is the deputy editorial page editor of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
-
The official story on Iraq has never made sense.
<snip>
This is not really about Iraq.
<snip>
This war, should it come, is intended to mark the official emergence
of the United States as a full-fledged global empire, seizing sole
responsibility and authority as planetary policeman. It would be the
culmination of a plan 10 years or more in the making, carried out by
those who believe the United States must seize the opportunity for
global domination, even if it means becoming the "American
imperialists" that our enemies always claimed we were.