[thechat] Hoaxers vs. Rocket Scientists

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Dec 26 10:22:01 CST 2002

Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
> Did they really go to the moon or was it fake? *What do you say?*
> CNN says:

Oh dear god, where to begin ... well, for starters the story isn't from CNN,
it's an Associated Press wire story.  Was it a slow Sunday for AP or
something?

> CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (AP) -- Is that the moon or a studio in the
> Nevada desert? How can the flag flutter when there's no wind on the
> moon? Why can't we see stars in the moon-landing pictures?

Aardvark has addressed these points.  The notion that the moon landings were
faked is pure conspiracy theory hogwash.  I've watched the full landing, and
some of the moonwalk (I have the landing and full moonwalk from egress to
ingress on DVD), and it *really* doesn't look fake.  There was too much data
and information recorded from the missions to be falsified, or are these
people suggesting that *thousands* of employees from NASA, the US
Government, US Military, Lockheed, Boeing, Grumman, and a heinous amount of
other contractors were "in on it"?

Lunacy.

For a tremendous account of the Apollo missions, and the people involved, go
and read Andrew Chaikin's "A Man on the Moon"

- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0140272011

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like