[thechat] Lighthearted Stuff -- Scanner Game???

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Jan 2 10:24:00 CST 2003

Luther, Ron wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I think William asked for some 'lighthearted stuff' ... here's one:
>
> I've heard about this [new?] game. I don't know anything about it -
> but apparently it requires the players to race around all-night grocery
> stores and scan wierd stuff in order to gain points or powers or
> something or other.
>
> Can someone clue me in to what thats all about?

Isn't this related to the ickle electronic game (from Tiger?) that allowed
you to scan barcodes to get 'power' for inter-unit battles, and people found
that barcodes on retail goods worked just as well as barcodes for the
'official' characters?

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like