[thechat] suggestion ...

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Thu Jan 2 18:32:01 CST 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, William Anderson wrote:
> Joe Crawford wrote:

> > :-\ I suppose. But it feels forced.
>
> Hmm, I agree.  thechat is the third most relaxed and surreal mailing
> list I'm on (the 2nd most being crackmonkey and the first being a
> private list of friends and mates from school and uni), and sometimes
> the religious discussion feels like it's been forced from outside
> through a crack in the wall.  Not being religious myself, I suppose I'm
> somewhat prejudiced in the direction of non-religious discussion, but
> hey, I feel like being selfish. I had a relatively crappy 2002, 2003 is
> gonna be the year where I get some control back!  You wanna piece of
> me!?  :)

Let me revise and extend my remarks.

I don't mind discussion of religion so much as I object to it becoming a
"here's a stupid thing that happened and let's all cap on
christianity|islam|judaism|zoroastrianism|the hare krishnas|jedis" - which
seldom results in useful discussion. ;-\

but never mind me. it's *so* free speech in here. ;-)

	joe