[thechat] From science and computers, a new

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 3 15:51:00 CST 2003

> From: "Syed Zeeshan Haider" <szh at softhome.net>
>
> > > Can you tell me any visible effect of meteors, which are
> > > continuously falling, towards earth? I think no. Because they
> > > don't bother us
> >
> > actually, yes, they leave visible trails in the sky when they burn
> > in the atmosphere... after all, it's just a meteoroid until it hits
> > the atmosphere... whether or not you can see them is a different
> > story...
>
> Being a student of physics, I already knew the fact that you have
> told. Actually, I was talking according to a common man's perception.

oh, i get it, kind of like a metaphor... so to some people, ham is
the piece of the pig off the shank, and to others, it's bacon if it's in
strips, and to others, it's a chop depending on its cut...

so ham, like meteors, can come in many different names
depending on where you find it...

that's a wonderful bit of simile... an analogue i hadn't considered...

meteor is to meteoroid as ham is to pork chop...

> > but i still don't see what that has to do with ham...
>
> Sorry, I was not referring to ham. I was referring to the philosophic
> reason (as I call it) of my original sentence in reply to Irina.

oh.

well, it's really much more interesting if it relates to ham.

> > > (earthlings). (Surely, there are a few exceptions but the have
> > > seldom hurt any Humans.)
> >
> > only because we haven't yet populated all the desolate areas of the
> > earth...
>
> Notable point!

yes, i thought so...

again, paving the earth will speed this process...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself