[thechat] rationality is not enough (was: New Year's Resolution)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Jan 3 23:27:01 CST 2003

At 10:44 AM 04-01-03, Ken Kogler wrote:
>But then it'd be scientific, not spiritual, right?

Well... perhaps. But the original assertion made by Syed was that spiritual
stuff could be explained in a scientific and rational way and that it was
scientists who were ignoring it.

So we get into a "we can never prove that" loop?

>Or, as Douglas Adams says, God could simply disappear in a puff of
>logic.

Ah, *that's* why it's not working for me. I'm too caught up in logic. Spock
would've been proud.

>Once again, we're better of talking about ham than religion. At least
>we'd get somewhere in the ham conversation.

I like ham. I get a chicken n' ham mix here that is lower fat, and I use it
to perk up a simple stir-fry of vegetables. Still like the pig version for
sandwiches.

Which reminds me... I have a guest for lunch and I haven't even started
yet. I'm such a moron.

Off I go! A spicy Tom Yam Gai soup needs to be started. Ah, lemon grass and
chilli...

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy