[thechat] rationality is not enough (was: New Year's Resolution)

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sat Jan 4 10:40:00 CST 2003

> i'll say again that religion addresses matters of faith - faith and
> certainty I think.
>
> scientists are always looking for the best guess which matches the
> evidence we have before us. certainty is for philosophers and
> theologians.
> :-)

Which is why I drew Quantum into it - the uncertainty principle being
that you can measure one attribute exactly and the more exact you are
about one attribute the less exact you are on the other.

So in a way proving sprituality is like quantum measurement - the more
you try to prove it, the more you affect it an the less likely you are
to be able to measure it.

Maybe i'm an optimist but I like to believe I'm a particle effect of a
wave and that the wave continues when the particle effect is destroyed.

Besides a lot of scientific "proof" requires us to have a lot of faith
in the scientist - I for one have to blindly accept the maths is
right....