[thechat] sharks (was: rationality)

Seb seb at members.evolt.org
Sat Jan 4 12:08:00 CST 2003

>Incidentally, I was watching a programme on sharks (I watch a lot of those
>- I'm fascinated by sharks), and they were explaining how scientists found
>that baby tiger sharks are cannibals inside the womb. The eggs that become
>babies first then feed on the other eggs for sustenance, in an amazing show
>of "survival of the fittest". Strange, eh?

Sharks are amazing creatures. By some strange stroke of luck I spent NYE in
Brighton Sealife Centre at a music promoter's party. Ruth and I spent most
of the evening curled up under the tunnel that runs through an enormous
shark tank, watching a large number of sharks, a couple of rays, and an
absolutely huge turtle swimming above our heads.

- seb