[thechat] rationality is not enough (was: New Year's Resolution)

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Mon Jan 6 11:36:01 CST 2003

Edgar Cayce, Richard Dawkins, and Stephen Jay Gould. Quite a trio
gentlemen. :-)

I've read Gould for years, and was saddened by his passing. Dawkins is a
great thinker, but his thoughts on religion are stupid. I read some essay
of his that was saying religion was the problem, and that without religion
we'd be much better off.  I find this hollow, and can only think that one
of the greatest mass murderers of the 20C was Stalin, head of an athiest
state. Ho hum as far as that goes. Here's the essay -
http://www.edge.org/documents/whatnow/whatnow_dawkins.html

As for Edgar Cayce - when I was in school in Virginia the biggest Cayce
fan I knew was a DeadHead hippie girl who got /way/ off on that Cayce
stuff.

Best,
	Joe