[thechat] sharks (was: rationality)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon Jan 6 14:14:01 CST 2003

At 02:00 PM 1/6/2003, you wrote:
>At 12:29 AM 07-01-03, Ben Dyer wrote:
>>I would like to take this time to say that the word you're actually after
>>is "kamikaze".  "Kaze" is Japanese for wind (Kamikaze meaning "Divine Wind"
>>or "Godly Wind").  "Kazi" means fire, I think.
>
>Not another anime dude. I thought my brother was the only one. ;)
>
>Don't tell me you can sing anime songs too? (My brother does that, and it's
>scary.)

Not in public, not unless I want to kill everyone.  I'm kinda like Minmay
in that regard.  (OK, probably *no one* is going to get that one...)

But, to answer your question, yes, I have memorized entirely too many anime
theme songs (not gonna list them off: too many and no one else knows them
anyway).  And, yes, it is scary.  I have no life whatsoever.

Trivia for non-anime fans: many anime fans refer to themselves as an
"otaku" which in Japanese is roughly the equivalent of an obsessed fan (of
anything, not necessarily anime).  Anyways, it's a big insult in Japan to
call someone that, as "otaku" literally translates to "house," as in,
something who stays in their house all day.  It carries very negative
connotations.

--Ben