[thechat] rationality is not enough (was: New Year's Resolution)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Jan 6 14:17:01 CST 2003

Hi Judah,

Good stuff, But I dunno about this one.  I'm not sure what it means that
'agriculture fits well with the organization of our brain'.

I always thought it arose from laziness. Hunter/Gatherers would have learned
where the mango trees grew and what time of year they would become ripe.
Eventually they would establish a 'route' to take them from one natural
'orchard' to the next for their seasonal gathering forays ... probably
camping in similar areas.  Eventually one of the brighter of the lot would
figure agriculture out -> "Damn I hate hiking around gathering freaking
mangos. ... Gee ... Funny how there always seem to be a lot of new mango
trees in the middens ... Hmmmmmmm"

;-)

RonL.
('Ham', however, proved to be a much tougher concept to develop.)