[thechat] sharks (was: rationality)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Jan 7 09:27:00 CST 2003

At 07:19 PM 1/6/2003, you wrote:
>William Anderson wrote:
> > I just got the DVDs of Princess Mononoke.
>
>I went and saw that earlier this year.. free screening at a city cinema.
>Tickets were going to be handed out at 6.15 for a 7.00 movie start. We
>got there at 5.30 more or less. Were about 20th in line. Half an hour
>later there were so many that hundreds had to be turned away...
>
>Pretty good movie. Certainly a lot more... relaxed than death & rebirth
>/ EoE. Hmmm... so, if I like the mononoke hime movie, and evangelion
>what anime would you anime freaks* recommend for me next?

Hmmmm...Spirited Away was excellent.  Adrian keeps bringing up Wings of
Honnemaise and I can agree with that.  Jin-Roh is good, although a bit
heavy-handed.  The Escaflowne movie, while not as good as the series
itself, is a pretty darn good movie.

If you liked Evangelion, you also might want to check out the series
RahXephon if it ends up coming to your area.  It's being released R1 in
March (I think) and I'm not sure on it's schedule elsewhere.

>*No offence intended. I take freak as a compliment myself as long as
>it's about something I am actually into.

None taken.  I probably prefer "anime freak" to "otaku" or "fanboy."

--Ben