[thechat] hijack - central scotland munchies (was: Re: 2nd hard drive - jumper switches question)

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Wed Jan 8 07:36:10 CST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 10:09, William Anderson wrote:
> Other great chippie delicacies include smoked sausage supper, special fish
> supper, and my local chippie does a good jumbo haggis supper.  Their
> 'proper' pizzas suck tho.  I still drive up past my folks to my 'old' local,
> which does a stunning fried mushroom pizza (the pizza is fried, not the
> mushrooms, just to put the fear of Atkins into those of you into healthy
> eating)

On an unrelated note, readers will be amazed to hear
that the life expectancy for a white male in central
Scotland lags 10 years behind his equivalent down
South.

And there are lots of things about the food I grew up
with up there which *won't* kill you :-)  Half-breaded
white fish springs to mind, as would 'plain' bread and
pie crust...

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com