[thechat] Weeeeeeee

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 8 17:04:59 CST 2003

Erik Mattheis wrote:
> I, in Minneapolis, Minnesota would gladly take as much of your snow as
> you're willing to give. I'm yearning for snow ... there is absolutely
> none here

  I flew to Minneapolis-St.Paul several years ago for a meeting in
mid-January. It was -14F at night, but very little snow. Natives were
complaining.
  I flew back to Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina four days later with the
flu. Several days later we got over two feet of snow. I was on my back
and couldn't get to go out and play in it. It melted a week later, after
which I got better.

> On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 06:57 AM, John Handelaar wrote:
>
>> There's 4 inches of snow on the ground in this
>> part of London (about 5 miles from the dead centre
>> of town).

  Does the London area just come to a halt or do you have equipment to
deal with the snow?